Aircon Ducting Services
There are some situations where the malfunctions of aircon ducting are unable to improve with normal cleaning. This is when a repair is needed. For instance, a low gas pressure significantly lowers the performance of aircon duct, where the function will deteriorate and the air flow will not be cooling.
There are a few tips on how to determine when a repair is needed:
- Does your ducted aircon blow out hot air? This can be due to low refrigerant, which can be cause by a refrigerant leak in your system, or it may be due to dirt in your evaporator coils.
- Small amount of airflow? It can be mainly due to a clogged air filter, leaky or blocked air duct, problems with the AC blower, or frozen evaporator coils.
- Does your aircon makes loud noises? It indicates the aircon is malfunctioning. The issue can be either broken or isolation feet, loose parts, malfunctioning compressor or refrigerant leaks.
4. Smells coming out from the aircon unit;
- Burning or electric odor: problem with compressor or fan, wiring issues, or electrical component failure.
- Gunpowder odor: burnt circuit board or fan motor.
- Rotten egg smell: natural gas leakage somewhere in the area.
- Exhaust fume: fluid leakage from specific components in heating systems or aircon unit.
- Chemical aromas: there are many chemicals smells, and identifying them can decipher the issue related to aircon problems. For instance, a sweet smell like car coolant, can indicate refrigerant leakage.
- Mold/Musty smell: typically due to mold buildup in aircon ducts.